Attorneys Representing Dog Attack Victims Across Texas
This website is maintained by the Law Offices of Dean Malone, P.C., a Dallas, Texas law firm representing people across Texas for dog bite injury cases. We have attempted to provide useful information for those harmed by animal attacks.
Do Bulldogs Tend to Bite, and Why do Bulldogs Slobber? – Part 2 of 2Wednesday, March 21st, 2012
English bulldogs are an endearing breed, with their wrinkled faces and somber eyes. If you’re considering getting a bulldog, as with all pets, it’s best to understand everything you can about them. There may be attributes of a bulldog that don’t fit with your family or lifestyle.
The following are some qualities of bulldogs that go in the column for “negatives:”
- Bulldogs are so serious about their food; it can be hazardous to feed them around other pets or small children.
- This breed is tenaciously stubborn.
- They shed.
- Bulldogs snort, wheeze, grunt, snuffle, and snore loudly.
- Bulldogs have flatulence issues.
- This breed has many potential health problems, which means enormous vet bills, and they have a short life span.
- It usually costs a minimum of $1,000 to purchase a bulldog.
- Slobbering has to be mentioned because this breed does a lot of it.
If you decide that a bulldog is the pet you want, you can minimize the possibilities of putting up with negative traits by choosing a quality Texas breeder and then providing proper puppy training. Another option is to choose an adult dog that is known to have few challenging traits.
Be sure to read Part 1 of our series to learn about the more positive traits of an English bulldog.
Are you suffering from an injury as a result of a dog bite?